Friday, April 29, 2005

ARGH!!

I'm officially getting nervous about the wedding! But with good reason, you see! I still haven't received all the reply cards (you know who you are!) and I need a final count next week. Yesterday I went to get my dress altered, and the seamstress found a stain on the back of the dress! No kidding! This is supposed to be a BRAND NEW dress shipped from the warehouse -- and there's a goddamn stain on it! Looks like tea or something. That, and there's sequins along the top, and they're falling off. I was livid! This is my SECOND dress from Jessica McClintock! We had to talk to corporate to get anything done -- they overnighted a new dress to the store in 12 Oaks. The lady at corporate talked to me like I was stupid -- are you sure this is your first time wearing it? Um, lady, not even wearing it -- trying it on to get it altered! It's a wedding dress!! Where the fuck would I wear it before my wedding? Then, you could see the boning in my bustier through the dress, so I had to go and get a new one, and when I went to return the one I originally bought to Marshall Fields, they gave me a hard time. 1) I bought it two months ago. However, the back of the receipt says I have 90 days to return something. 90 days motherfucker! Can you count? Feb 24 to April 28 is not 90 days! It's 64! 2) I bought it before they switched over to their new computer systems, so it was having a difficult time finding the receipt and letting the girl return it any other way than a store credit. I paid for it on my mastercard, it's going back on my mastercard! 3) Their employees are just plain dumb. No offense, Carrie, I know you used to work there. But seriously, you're too smart.

Then, I called the florist, because they were supposed to send me a wedding packet for ordering flowers, and I never received anything. They messed up the zip code. ugh. However, the lady I talked to there was very nice and helpful and we got an order. Finally. Something accomplished.

On the homefront, Penny J. Weasel is insane! (ummm, d'uh!) We were hoping to get her a new friend this weekend -- I saw a couple young ferrets up for adoption, but I was too slow on the take, and they've both found new homes. Penny really needs a new ferret friend. I hope she can wait until July when we get her a new buddy from the breeder! It's just really difficult to chase her through tunnels, you know?

Well, I have to get going.. Dad's having hernia surgery today. His brother drove him to the hospital -- he had to be there at 6:00 in the morning! He should actually be in surgery right now. Now I'm off to go and pick mom up so we can take him home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home