Sunday, February 11, 2007

So, yeah, update and stuff

So, it's been over a month since I've posted (closer to two, since my last few posts weren't really posts).

Things have been insane. Here's the summary:

Oct. 2006: I get promoted to the Laurel Park Ritz Camera.

Nov and Dec 2006: Work. Work. Work. And everything that is the hell of working retail during the holidays. But the paychecks are niiiiiice.

January: Work finally slows down. Too much. My paychecks go back to sucking. Our volume has gone to hell, the store looks like a tornado, half the staff doesn't know diddley-sqwat about the lab, and orders aren't being done on time. Now that the frenzy of holiday sales are over, I start cracking down. My old store in Ann Arbor gets closed for good. I inherit Joel and Steve. One employee decides he doesn't have any interest in the lab and therefore gets his hours cut. He quits. Oh. Boo. Hoo. I'm so distraught. (can you feel the words oozing with sarcasm?)

February: Lazy employee quits. I'm not complaining. But now I'm short-staffed and need to hire someone new. I hate hiring new people. The only apps I'm getting are 16 year old high school students who we can't hire b/c we work with chemicals (OSHA restrictions). This bites.

So, now we're up to speed. Yay.

Our lease is up in the end of April. We're hoping to start moving at the end of March, which is quickly approaching. We were looking at different apartment complexes, but were coming up empty with ones that would allow ferrets. So, we were considering a trailer. We could get one on the cheap, and it'd be our own, so we could have our ferrets. But, as Rob says, trailers are an albatross. There's no equity. You loose money on them. Not like it's too much different than renting an apartment, where you get nothing back when you move. So, after some consideration and talking to several people, we have decided to try and get a home. We're in the process now to see how much we'll qualify for. We're excited. And nervous. We know we can't afford anything big. We were thinking a nice small ranch or bungalow, probably in Wayne county: Canton, Van Buren Twp, Belleville, maybe in Ypsi (yes, I know, that's in Washtenaw.) So, we're not going to get our hopes up yet. We're keeping our options open.

That's it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home