Sunday, May 08, 2005

The Ferret Who Shall Not Be Named...

As some of you may know, we've been looking for a little ferret buddy for Penelope. She's been so lonely after Ryker passed away. I've been online talking to breeders and rescues and we even went up to a rescue in Flint to have Penny meet some new ferrets. She beat up on them. She truly is queen ferret. Well, last week, a ferret was found in our building. Ferrets being listed on our lease as pets we own, we were a natural to ask if he was ours. No, but he's adorable. We agreed to foster him (we have an extra cage) until/if he's claimed. No one's claimed him. Poor little guy, he's just a tiny baby (half the size of Penny!) We didn't want to name him, so we've been jokingly calling him Voldemort: The Ferret Who Shall Not Be Named. :-) It's been awhile now, and I think the little guy has found a home here and earned his name. Penny adores him. Fate works in wonderful ways sometimes.

Now, for the next two weeks to go so smoothly! I pick up my dress from the seamstress on Thursday, get my hair cut and colored on Saturday, Sunday is shitty inventory at the store, somewhere in here I need to clean the apartment so Shannon can actually come over and watch the critters while we're gone (currently, there's a lovely pathway... LOL! We've been so busy with everything else, cleaning hasn't even been on the list. Martha Stewart I'm not!), not to mention laundry (you know you need to laundry desperately when you're down to your few ugly pair of undies). I really need a vacation BEFORE my vacation just so I can get everything done. Anyone have a magic wand I can borrow?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home