Friday, August 03, 2007

Heather's Visit

A couple weeks back, my best friend from college, Heather, came to visit me! :D We had a great time! It was like all the time and distance between us (she lives in DC) was never there. We did a little shopping(my Aunt from AZ was unexpectedly in town, and we met up with her at the mall for some girl time). Then I took Heather to the Ann Arbor Art Fair and we got some cool art and stuff. Then we went to the Silverleaf Ren Faire (in Battle Creek). All in all, we had a great time. And now Heather is back in DC. :(

Here's some pictures from our trip to Silverleaf (which, btw, is an awesome Ren Faire!)
















Oh yeah?!? Well, take that!

















Human Chess.

















A little Celtic drumming.






















By Merlin's Beard!

















Ded Bob and his newly acquired bob-zombies.

















Bob says: "oy vey."






















Falconer with a red-tailed hawk.






















Falcon with traditional mask.

1 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Blogger M. Van Weelden said...

Was bummed I didn't get to see the falcon show, but we got brave and took the Goober along! I'd always wanted to drag him to a faire to see how he liked it, but Holly has always been too far away for a day trip or to come get him then take him home, etc. This worked out great! Even though we were a bit tied to his 8 yr old attention span.
And he was so good! At first he thought it was weird, and by the end he was asking how old you had to be to work there and saying that if I made him a kilt he would probably wear it. ;P
He's such a good corrupted little goober! ;)

I need a new costume, you should SEE how huge my old overdress is. I'll have to rebuild it completely to get it small enough ( and maybe finish it RIGHT this time) or just start over. My chemise is fine of course. I just need something for over it. *L*
However, that is depressingly low on the way-too-long priority list.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home