Monday, October 11, 2004

Out and About...

Sunday Rob and I went out to see Tammy and Tom. On the way we stopped over by 12 Oaks Mall and picked up our copy of Aladdin that I preordered. Unfortunately, the Disney Store in Briarwood has closed. While we were at the mall, we stopped by the Jessica McClintock store and I tried on some wedding dresses and narrowed down my potential choices. Despite some's beliefs (see Tammy's blog) Rob survived the ordeal! We them drove to Tammy and Tom's and saw the progress on the basement. I love the built-in bookshelves. Very cool! And they chose a great carpet. Then we wanted to go to Parmenter's Cider Mill in Northville, but there was some kind of craft show going on, so we just milled around for a little bit, then left. The line for cider was huge, so we decided not to get any. On the way back to their house, we saw signs for a corn maze and decided to go. The maze was at the Maybury State Park and the proceeds from going through the maze went to help rebuild the barn that burned down last year. There was a hayride to and from the maze. In the maze there were markers that you had to find to complete the maze. We found the end before we found all the markers. We didn't find the rabbit or the black cat. Oh well. It was fun anyway. I've attached pictures from the day below. Afterwards we went to dinner at Stout, an Irish pub, in Brighton. It had a nice atmosphere, and there was a live band playing when we arrived (well, two guys with guitars anyway). Not much in the way of vegetarian fare, and not surprisingly, there was potatoes in pretty much everything! (Carrie, you woud HATE it!) There was even potato salad hidden in the salad! Weird! I was pre-warned of this though, and order the salad sans-potato. I like potatoes mind you, but just not in my salad. And potato salad is kindof icky. :-P I should be getting off to bed soon. 'Night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home