Saturday, October 09, 2004

Pink Tennis Shoe Blues

The other day Rob and I were over at Arborland and we stopped in at DSW. I was hoping to find a pair of sandals similar to a pair that just died on me this year. The entire bottoms of the soles cracked in half. Well, while perusing the clearance section I found a pair of pink tennis shoes. Yes, I said PINK tennis shoes. What every girl needs, don't you think? Well, I restrained myself from buying them. Why? Well, First of all, they're pink. Second, I already own a pair of tennis shoes. Third, they're too casual for work. Fourth, they were $40 -- and that was the sale price! And fifth, I didn't get paid for another few days, and only had like $15 to my name until payday. However, payday having arrived, and my bills paid, the pink tennis shoes call to me. Alas, like many things that are completely impractical, I MUST HAVE THEM! What do you think -- a lovely white wedding gown with pink tennis shoes will be tres chick, no? So now, in order to get my mind off of the shoes, I am going to go and make chocolate chip cookies. No, not from scratch. You should know me better than that! I'm spooning the dough onto a tray and putting it in the oven! Talented, huh? :-) And speaking of things I don't need, I'm thinking of buying another digital camera. Joel's selling his Olympus 750, a 4 megapixel, 10x optical zoom. I don't really "need" it, but, why should that dictate anything? I don't need cable TV or chocolate, ok, I do need chocolate, but that's beside the point. For example, in my previous post is a link to a website full of stuff that we don't need, but seriously, wouldn't an airzooka be just way too cool? Ok, the kitchen buzzer has beeped, which means my cookies should be done, which means that I'm going to stop blabbering and go and eat fresh-out-of-the-oven cookies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home