Sunday, September 11, 2005

A lesson learned in life...

When I was 19 and away at Kalamazoo College, my friend Heather and I had a ritual almost every Saturday night. We'd deck ourselves in our wildest delights: tiny tees with tight sateen pants and combat boots. We'd don black eye liner and plenty of glitter. And then we'd go off dancing at the bar. That seems almost a lifetime ago. I no longer fit into those tiny tees and have stashed the temporary hair color away. I've since emerged into the adult world and have adjusted my look to match. My hair is still colored, but it's a natural red instead of a violent purple. My make-up has subtled and my nails are now painted pink instead of black. It's all a part of growing up, I guess. I have blended myself with societal norms. Until tonight. Tonight I've put on the fitted black t-shirt and school girl skirt, complete with Doc Martens. My hair has pink streaks and my eyes are deeply lined in black. And I'm going to party like it's 1997! Rob and I are off to the Greenday concert. Tomorrow I will wash the dye out of my hair and return to work, like all the normal people do. And no one will be none the wiser. Except when you notice that my nails will still be painted blue. :)

2 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well, I certainly hope the concert was worth the insanity.
Must have a picture...

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Naarah said...

Picture of what? Me dressed like I did in college? (sorry, didn't have time to take pics, Rob ended up working late and we were scrambling out the door). Or pics from the concert? The Palace had signs posted everywhere stating no recording devices allowed. Not that I couldn't have figured out a way around it, but I didn't really want to bring one of my cameras to the concert.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home