Monday, August 13, 2007

Camera Woes

*sigh* My DSLR is in for repairs. I feel so lost. And naked. It's having backfocusing issues (for those non-camera geeks, that means it's either focusing just in front of or just behind the subject, therefore the subject is not in focus). I sent it in for repairs. I have no idea how much this is going to set me back. I get a discount and all through work, but still it won't be cheap and I'm broke. My worst fear is that they can't fix it. This normally shouldn't be a problem. BUT, my DSLR is a Minolta. And Minolta stopped making cameras a year or so ago. Sony took over their DSLR technology and is using Minolta's body and lens mount. They claimed, at first, that they would take on Minolta repairs and fix them. However, Sony is rumored to not actually accept any Minolta repairs and is instead offering a joke of a discount on a replacement model. I don't want to replace my camera. I think the Sony replacement sucks. It has digital noise issues (again, for non camera geeks, that means grainy picutures). I like MY camera. And I'm going to be whiney about this. I have to call the repair department when I'm back at work tomorrow and get a status check -- at which point I'll either get a repair estimate or told sorry, it can't be fixed. *sigh* This blows.

UPDATE: August 15, 2007: It will cost me $280 to fix my camera. And that's the employee price. That hurts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home