Saturday, April 16, 2005

The weekend's not even over yet

and I'm already exhausted! I've haven't really in-depth posted lately... been really down with the loss of Ryker. Anywho, here's the scoop on the last week or so:

Last Saturday was the bird show. We sold ALL the lovebirds that we took with us! Oh joy! Oh happy day! We actually only sold about half; the other half we traded for two baby ringneck parrots (one lutino, one blue). In fact, the lutino one just fluttered over, he's hungry. The bird show is always exhausting, and last Saturday was no exception. I've been so tired. Rob too. We think we have a small case of the flu, actually: tired, achey, low-grade fever. Not sick enough to stay home. Just sick enough to feel run over. A little sick to the stomach too, but I just thought that was because I started eating meat again. Yup, I've given in the South Beach diet. Rob and I officially start Monday.

Last night was Alexei's 21st birthday. We all went up to JB's in Belleville, the bar that Joel DJs at. Had a good night. I played some pool -- and sucked at it. Nancy and AJ even came up for the party (and AJ's coming from W. Va.) Today Rob and I slept in, fed baby birds, then headed over to the Matthai Botanical Gardens for the orchid show. Tomorrow I'm going again for the photographer's hour before work. A local grower is going to bring some white phaleonopsis plants tomorrow that should be in bloom around the time of the wedding. This way I'll have stem for the bouquet and some for my hair. :-)

Well, going to feed baby birds again and go to bed. I'm half asleep now as it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home