Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Another year...

So, it's official -- I'm another year older. :-P And strangley, I feel no different.

Rob treated me to a wonderful mini-vacation! We went to Binder Park Zoo in Battle Creek, and yes, I did get to feed the giraffes (see the picture below). It was wonderful! They are so cool! Really! It was a nice zoo. They kept it very natural looking -- lots of trees and shade -- very nice. Then we went up to Grand Rapids for the night, had an amazing dinner at this place called Pietro's. Seriously, it's worth the 2 1/2 drive! Oh god, so delicous, such generous portions, did I mention delicious? We couldn't finish our meals and felt terrible because we had no way to refridgerate them, otherwise wed've definately taken the leftovers home. We didn't even have room for dessert! And the girl at the hotel desk had given us a coupon for a free dessert! (Guess we'll just have to go back...) Today (Weds), we went to Meijer Gardens for a few hours. Very nice. We didn't get to the new children's garden, though, it being full of children and all. :-P Then we drove home, making a brief stop in Lansing to stop at Splash of Color. Rob and I wanted to talk to them about tattoo designs and such. We have design ideas in mind, wanted to find out if they were feasible and how much they'd cost, etc. It's where I got my tattoo (oh god, that was, what, 9 years ago! Yeeeesh. I'm getting old!) We're thinking of getting them around the end of summer -- gives us a chance to save a few $ for them and so that we don't have to worry about not being able to go swimming or anything.

And now, we're home. And I'm exhausted (walking around all day for two days in the sun will do that to you. Although I did get a tan... sortof. Most of you would laugh at what goes for tan on me.) Well, off to sleep. Gotta work tomorrow (and print the rolls of film I took). 'Night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home