Thursday, July 14, 2005

Movin' on up....

Well, the past week has been dizzying. The Regional Manager, Merrill, was in town and did his circle of visits with Sandie (our DM). They spent an inordinate amount of time at my store, but it was mainly to offer me a slightly bigger store -- the one on Plymouth Road in A2. It's not the Laurel Park location that I wanted a few months back, but it's got a better lab (digital Frontier, baby!) and it comes with a raise. So, up the ladder I go, balancing one creaky rung at a time. In the meantime, a manager for my store must now be found. I've convinced Mel that she should go for it. She's already doing a bunch of the work already (ahhh, the power to delegate!), has previously managed, gets along splendidly with everyone there, and could definately use the raise that goes with it. Needless to say, it's not a huge a raise, but extra income nonetheless. She'd really be great for it and we're all rooting for her! :-) Sandie wants me to start at Plymouth Road the week after next. I mean, like, holy shit, that's fast! Pam, the current manager there is leaving because she's going to grad school at Tuft's. She'll be gone the first week of August, so that techinically gives me an extra week. But tell that to the boss. She wants me there next week to learn the machines and everything. How in the world I'm supposed to manage that with such short notice, god only knows. Oy. I'll work it out.

It is an absolute torrential downpour outside right now. Rob and I are supposed to meet up with Carrie to go to the Farmington Founder's Festival tonight. By the looks of it, we are so not walking around an art fair. :-P It's been so hot and muggy, though, that this rain is nice. Guess the rain dance Joel asked me do worked. Hmmmmm... mental note, no more rain dances when you're supposed to do outdoor activities. Maybe it's not raining in Farmington. One can only hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home