Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Holy Gouge Your Wallet Batman, Part II

So Rob and I ran a few errands today, among which was getting a needed (and slightly overdue) oil change. I went to the Firestone over at Arborland (I had a coupon!) and they took my cell number so that they could call me when they finished the oil change. Well, Rob and I were browsing over at Borders when they call me to tell me that I also need: tire rotation and alignment, my over 105K mile coolant flush, and my over 105K mile timing belt replacement. Total cost: nearly $500. And how nice of them to let me know that I can finance it for 90 days interest free. I told them: No Thanks. Just the oil change. When I paid, they gave me a printout of their reccomendations. Included in the reccomendation for the belt replacement was something regarding cruise control, a $24 fee. I don't have cruise control. Fuckers. Yes, I'm sure I need my tires rotated and the ailingment done. Yes, it's wise to have the timing belt replaced with as many miles as I have on the car. But as much as they want to charge me and to think I'm stupid enough to just say "go ahead." Too many stupid people in Ann Arbor with too much money.

Other than that, Rob and I had a decent day. We registered my business name. Had gelato. Emptied my trunk of recyclables. And I took a nap. Yay naps.

1 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Blogger Her Royal Highness, Queen of Drama said...

They might have been trying to gouge you because they think you are a silly girl, who by definition, does not know a thing about her car. So think that they can get away with taking on fees for things that you do not need.

Two oil changes ago, they tried to do the same thing...So I went back to the Saturn Dealership. They might cost more but they don't do the gouging thing. Anyway, they came out and explained that the Valvoline idiots had put the wrong formula oil in my can, and the wrong form of break fluid in her. I was very lucky not to have had my breaks give out on me.

All I could think was those shit-tards over at Valvoline are not only sexist, but not good at their jobs anyway!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home