Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Girl's Day Out

Mel and I both had today off (*gasp* !shock!) and went shopping with her roomate, Shannon. So, we drove up to Birch Run. Yup, we drove all the way north of Flint to go shopping. For the outlet mall shopping experience, mind you! Oh, and Shannon drove. :-) And my oh my, she puts my car to shame. It's so neat and clean and spotless. Spotless, I tell you. It's just wrong! I mean, look at my car, it's chock full of stuff: kleenex, a blanket, water bottles (full and empty), empty soda bottles, recycleables, paperwork (yes, that's where all my manager's meeting minutes go... to the void that is my car). We had a good time. Mel and I both needed the girl's day out (we should do this more often. Spend less money, but hang out more often). I got some new dress clothes for my new job, a couple items for the kitchen, a shirt for my dad, a chrismahanukwanzakah gift for Rob. And the great thing about going to Birch Run during the week before Thanksgiving? The place was empty! Wow. We could park where we wanted. The bad thing about going to Birch Run the week before Thanksgiving? Damn, is it cold outside! And snowing! It was snowing. And not snowing the couple of lame flurries that Ann Arbor got. Sticking to the cars snowing. The snow puts Mel into a holiday shopping mood. It just makes me want to move somewhere warm. ;-P

Tomorrow will not be as fun. We have our last manager's meeting of the year. I don't want to go. Really don't want to go. But, since I'm still a manager, the right thing to do is go (yet the little voice in the back of my head is saying: "stay home. sleep in. read a book.") I really ought to listen that voice more often; I'd be happier. But, since this is my last managers meeting, I will revel in that the entire time.

After work tomorrow, Rob and I will try to Serenity at the dollar theater in Briarwood. Rob's really been looking forward to this movie. I think it looks like fun.

And course, very important news: Harry Potter Goblet of Fire opens in theaters on Friday!!! Yes, I'm a nerd. I fully intend to see it on Friday. And yes, I'll be wearing my Gryffindor scarf.

2 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger Matt_Sweet said...

Birch Run is so much fun. Mostly because of the people watching, but still... always a blast.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Were you going to arrange with Tom and I to see it with you??? How dare you go without us....
Too bad I was doing homework on Wednessday, I swear that is all I do now is homework. Unlike my partners who have theirs all done.
ARG.
Oh, Tom and I saw Serenity, wanna know the ENDING... ;~)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home