Friday, August 20, 2004

Another Day, Another Shitload of Stuff to Do...

Well, today is my "day off." That's in quotes because I have enough to do today that it doesn't even feel like a day off. Seriously, I don't even remember the last time I had a day off when I had nothing to do. I want a real day off. A day when I can just sit on my ass and do nothing. But that's not in the immediate forecast. So, today, after sleeping in (because I have to enjoy some part of my "day off"), and eating toast as I write this, Rob and I will be off to laundry. I would happily skip this, except that clean socks and underwear are really essential in life, so we'll be off to do laundry. Rob just suggested we could just buy more socks and underwear, but really, I'm broke, so laundry seems the more economical option. That and the only underwear I could afford right now would be the "granny panties" from Target, and, well, they're "granny panties." Enough said. After laundry, we'll have Chinese food for lunch -- there's this really good, inexpensive Chinese restaurant down the street from the Laundromat. Yum! (Rob is now poking me in the side for no apparent reason....) Then we drop laundry off at home, then head off into Ann Arbor to stop at AAA and pick up travel information for our wedding and honeymoon. Then I have returns to make at the mall. Finally, after all that, I think I'll be able to park my butt on the couch and watch something on TV. Probably the Olympics, since they seem to be the only thing on. (And Rob is reading this over my shoulder and thinking out loud that I don't sound that much fun to spend the day with today.) :-P So, that's it folks, a day in the life of Naarah. Not very exciting, is it? Rob is now mumbling incoherently... Something about monkeys. I think the lovebirds are affecting him (anybody want a lovebird??? Anybody? You know you do!!).... Ouch!!! Tiny cockatiel talons landing on my bare flesh! Ow! Ow! Ow! Sunny Boy is apparently offended that I mentioned the crazy lovebirds in this blog and not him. Alright, before I start to sound too crazy (I know, too late), I'll sign off, so I can go and get dressed and start my day.

PS I just spellchecked this blog, and apparently the word "blog" is flagged as an incorrectly spelled word! Ah, the irony!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home