Tuesday, October 19, 2004

The Isle of Lost Socks

My day started out with my digging through the basket of clean laundry looking for a pair of matching black socks. Who knew that there are so many shades of black! Seriously, half a dozen individual "black" socks, none of which matched. Serves me right for leaving my clean laundry in the basket instead of putting it away. Had I put it away, I may have had an easier time finding those matching socks. Now, mind you, I could have gone with white socks, but then I would have looked even dorkier than I already am, because black pants, black shoes, and white socks really is the epitome of dorkiness (while sitting in front of my computer telling a bunch of folks out in internet-land about my sock search this morning is not dorky at all. Nope. Not in the least.)

Now, I am sitting here, at the end of the day, taking a break from photoshopping some pics for Katie. Katie is getting a chap book of her poetry published (yay! Go Katie!) and she has asked me to do the cover art for her and take her portrait for the back cover. I've finally finished what I think will be a cool cover. Tomorrow I'm meeting with Katie and we'll see if it passes the ultimate test (it is, after all, her book). All I have left to do now is just rotate about 20 more portraits and then convert them to black and white. While it's really brainless work, it's time consuming and somewhat mind-numbing. But, it's gots to be done. I'd like to have them all on CD for Katie tomorrow so she can just pick which one she likes best. So, I shall trudge on. But first, some dinner! Rob is making me stuffed eggplant! YUM! I can smell it and it smells absolutely delicious!

I'm thinking this weekend I'll work on a website for my photography. I haven't finished the website for the birds, mind you, but I think I'll start a new one anyway. :-P What can I say, I really am like a ferret, I have a 2-second attention span and sparklie and shiny things distract me. And now, I shall go and finish my photoshopping endeavor. Or maybe I'll actually put my clean laundry away... nah, now that would require effort!

2 Comments:

At 6:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, you don't allow anonymous comments.... Anyway, do you have any of my socks.....
Just buy new ones, I had to do that before school started this year. lol
Tam

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Naarah said...

Oh! Well, now people can anonymously (did I spell that right?) post! Fixed!

Ummmm, I don't think I have any of your socks... I can barely keep track of my own!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home