Sunday, February 27, 2005

And so it goes...

It seems that every time Rob and I figure something out for the wedding and the world seems to be going right... BAM! Something goes wrong. This time it was my dress. I had found my dress months ago at Jessica McClintock. They only had a size smaller than what I normally wear in stock for me to try on. Well, I tried it on, it fit, just a bit tight across the top. So, needless to say that when we ordered it, I ordered one size up (you can always make it smaller, just not bigger!) So, we ordered the dress, it got delivered, and I hung it in my closet. Does anyone here see the problem? I didn't try it on to make sure it fit!! Duh!! But the holidays were approaching and work was insane (it being the holidays and the store being short a person), so it never crossed my mind. Now, the wedding date quickly encroaching, I think about buying the accessories to go with the dress: shoes, nylons, corset, jewelry... So, I try on the dress so I can figure out which style of undergarment to wear (do I go with one of those spandex-type "slips" that smooth everything or one of the boned corsets to suck it all in and lift the chest?) Here ugliness ensues: THE DRESS DOESN'T FIT! It's too tight. I can't zip the last inch. FUCK FUCK FUCKITY FUCK FUCK! Needless to say, I'm upset, spend the night crying. It's not pretty. The next day is the manager's meeting (zzzzzzzzzzzz.....), the meeting being near my parents, my mom comes with me to the mall to help me try on corsets (trust me, this is a 2 person job! There is no way for one person to put themselves in these by themselves). Well, we stop by the Jessica McClintock store, explain my problem, and they are most excellent about it. First, they try to locate my dress in the same size, because it sounds like my dress was cut incorrectly. However, the dress has been discontinued, so there's no more (unless I want a size 4, and well, my thighs are bigger than that!). They kindly let me exchange my dress for a new one. The next hour plus is spend trying on dresses and figuring out which one I want. All in all, the day was successful: I got my dress problem fixed, and I found a corset that fits at Marshall Fields!

A few days later....
Well, it being Saturday yesterday, I of course was at work. While I was at work, Rob went up to his mother's (in Fenton). She just go a new 30" HD TV and kindly offered us her old one: a nice 27" Magnavox. Sweet. So, Rob and I have an impressive "new" TV! After I got off work, Rob and I get my old dress, and head off to 12 Oaks Mall to exchange it. While driving down 275 we get passed by a champagne colored car with the license plate: LOON GRL. Yup, that's Tammy all right. So, I call her on my cell, and tell her she's quite a speedy little thing! :-) She was on her way home from helping her mom move into her new condo. We ended up meeting up with her and Tom for dinner at El Nibble Nook in West Bloomfield after the mall. After dinner, Rob and I picked up baby lovebirds from my mother for me to handfeed. Their little puppy, Phoebe Moonshadow de Chanel, is doing great. She's very happy, active, and oh-so-friendly! Pacquito is still uncomfortable with her -- he's a very insecure dog. Gumby is starting to accept her, but he lets her know that he is top dog in the house. She's great for my dad. I can tell by the way he smiles around her. With his clinical depression, she was just the right medicine. He was lying down with the dogs watching TV, when I went in to say goodbye before we left. Gumby was curled up on a pillow, and Phoebe was playing with a toy. When I came in, she raced over, bounced around, then clamored up on my dad and starting licking his face. He was just beaming! Dogs really are the best medicine around!

Well, Rob and I off to do laundry. Fun, fun (no, not really). Then it's off to do a store meeting, and our usual Olive Garden after.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home