Thursday, February 03, 2005

Oh, Well...

I found out yesterday that Rob and I did not make the top three in the Marry Me at Twelve contest. Oh well. It would have been really nice. Whirlwind, but still really nice. I have a theory, mind you, that the winners will be the epitome of goyisha*. So, Rob and I are back to planning our warm and sunny wedding. We're no worse off than we were before. Honestly, I'm geeked to have it made it to the top ten. Though I'm curious to see what the winner's entry was.

Other than that, not much else is going on. The snow and frost was beautiful yesterday on everything. I took some photographs before work. Joel suggested that I stop at the cemetery behind the country bar (off of the S. Service Drive). I quickly drove over and snapped some shots. I wish I had had more time. I would have like to have taken more pictures. The store really needs to close on Sundays so we can all go out and have a day to shoot. It'd be neat for all of us to go shooting together; get into each other's heads and see from different perspectives. Of course, if we keep having days like the past two.... Talked to Mel earlier today. She said that after I left yesterday (4:30 or so) they had NO transactions! None, until they closed the drawers for the night. Damn, that's pathetic! I called after our manager's meeting today, and she said that we were in the hole (had a return). Hope the weekend holds more promise......

* For those of you that are unfamiliar with the Yiddish language, a goy is a non-Jew, a gentile. The epitome of goyisha would be tall, blonde, fair-skinned, etc, etc.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home