Thursday, September 01, 2005

Holy gouge your wallet, Batman!

I am soooooo glad, that I filled up my gas tank the other day for $2.67/gallon. Now I've seen it for as much as $3.29/gallon for the regular stuff. Yeesh.

That being said, Rob and I drove to Marengo, Ohio yesterday. Where in god's green earth is Marengo, Ohio? Nowhere. (Or approximately, an hour north of Columbus). Why did we trek all this way, get lost -- thank you very much yahoo! maps -- and travel about 350 miles roundtrip for? A ferret. Yup. We're crazy. But you knew that already, and love that about us. :) You see, two ferrets are actually less work than one. I know this seems insane, but it's true. With one, you are the giant ferret, and have to play all the ferrety games. And being 300 times their size, it's very difficult to chase them through the tunnels and behind the couch! So, with two, they play their ferrety chase, tunnel, and wrestling games with each other. This allows you a brief window of time to actually accomplish something, say cleaning the litter boxes. Three, really isn't any more work. Just more poop. So, when Morgan came into our life, it gave her someone to play with in addition to me and Rob. But now, Penny, tired of Morgan's high-strung antics (he's so the hyper teenager now -- look at me! bounce! look at me! bounce! look at me! crash!), climbs up to the top of the cage, where she can get to and he can't because she's skinny lithe, and he's, well, like a big, dumb jock, and hides from him and goes to sleep in the carrier (the same carrier which she tries desperately to escape from when it's time to visit Mr. Vet). [yes, I know that was a run-on sentence, and I don't care. So, :P ]. So, we call the breeder (who, by the way, is the same breeder Penelope came from), and go down to Ohio on our day off. All the little baby ferrets are soooo cute! We even got to witness babies born that day! Probably only hours old! Seeing all the adorable kits waiting to go to homes, oh, it was a hard decision. So hard, in fact, that the little ferrets took a bite out of our checking account and we took two home! After all, if three aren't anymore work than two, what's the big deal with four?!? We got two little boys: a dark crowned sable and a silver mitt blaze. They're so tiny! I'll get pictures up soon -- promise. Then you can help us come up with names for them!

In other wallet-shrinking news: I purchased my own domain name! I will soon have my own website up. Sweet, huh? Wanna know what it is? Nope. Gotta wait. At least until I put something up on it!

I shall leave you on that note of high anticipation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home