Thursday, September 22, 2005

Ye Olde PMS

Seeing that neither Tammy, Carrie, nor Rob have commented, as of yet, on our visit to the Michigan Renaissance Festival this past Sunday. So, I will take it upon myself to regale to you our oh-so-exciting travels to Medieval Holly, Michigan.

First, let me explain that I was the PMS Queen on Sunday. (1) I woke up grumpy (putting it mildly) and didn't want to go anywhere, let alone walk around in the dust watching SCA idiots dressed to the hilt. (2) Rob said we could just stay home then. This made me crankier because we had agreed to meet up with Carrie, Tammy, Tom, and their friends Paul and Michelle. So we get dressed and go. I will note here, that we did not dress up. It was 80 degrees. There was no way I was going to sweat like a pig just to show off my new outfit (which is very cool, by the way. But, it's velvet, and I would have melted). So, we meet up with the group around noon. Watch Whipboy. Whipboy is funny and I highly reccomend seeing him next year at the fest. After that Tammy, Tom, Paul and Michelle headed over to the Washing Well Wenches. Carrie and I were buying essential oils. Then we took Carrie over to where the Wenches' show is, and we took off to walk around. We'd seen the show many-a-time and didn't want to see it again. Our plan was to catch back up with them after the show, but it never really happened. So, if from this point on, you want to know what they did, you'll have bug Tammy or Carrie to post. In the meantime, Rob and I wandered around. Rob ordered me a lovely winter wool coat from Half Moon. It should keep me nice and toasty warm this winter! :) However, you can be sure that I will whine like a little girl about how cold it is all winter. I really need to move somewhere warm. Rob picked up a nice cedar walking stick for himself. We also started my middle-eastern belly dancer costume. This way I'll have a nice outfit to wear in the warm weather. And after all that, we are broke.

So, folks, that's it. That is the oh-so-exciting tale of our visit to the Ren Fest.

In other news, I have a bird show Saturday. Goody (insert sarcastic tone of voice here). Think bird-selling for me! Or, better yet, come buy one! :-)


(1) Rob described me as being "evil" that day. So, yes, I was that bad.


(2) I feel that it is necessary for me to point out here that my husband was once a member of the SCA. And that we are both a couple of those "idiots" dressed up. In fact, Tammy and Tom dressed up. They looked great. Warm (their outfits are leather), but great. No, I don't have pictures. You know I'm not feeling like myself when I don't take any pictures!

3 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger Matt_Sweet said...

I also like Whip Boy. Particularly his MSU jokes--and that he was hot.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Matt is so correct. WhipBoy is very hot. We found him last year and I tell everyone to go find him. I know, I have to post.

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Her Royal Highness, Queen of Drama said...

I am so glad that my footnotes in blog have caught on. Whip-boy is a hotty...although I'm not really into leather whips and all that scene. That is more Liv, Jessica and Jennifer's thing.

As for not posting, my internet is off, and it is hard to post at work. Further, I have been ill, so unwilling to go out to a coffee shop and post :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home