Monday, March 27, 2006

Just another Monday....

First, I would like to say that Berry Krispies are a) not NEW and b) not as good as I remember them in my childhood. Of course, at that time they were just strawberry Krispies and tasted suspicially like strawberry Nesquick. ;)

Well, it's officially been spring for a week now! And today finally is starting to feel like it: the sun's out, the air has a hint of warmth to it, there are folks down by the lake fishing, and the biggest sign of all: I shaved my legs. Yup. Not that you all care about the state of my legs. And you guys out there who think that women go through the labor of shaving our legs all winter, get a life. If our legs are shaved in the winter it's because 1) we're single and have a hot date, 2) have a job interview and are wearing a skirt, or 3) going to a special event (wedding, play, etc) and are wearing a skirt. Those of us who are in long-term relationships or married, go hairy all winter. Who sees our legs anyway. I wear pants all winter. Besides, I was going to the doctor today (another sure sign of spring: time to get the yearly exam to get the birth control refil!) I'm sure my new doctor wouldn't have cared about the state of my legs, her being located in Ann Arbor and all and she probably sees plenty of hippie granola chick hairy legs, but it's like an etiquette thing or something. Isn't it? You go to the doctor, you shave your legs. So, anyway, legs shaved. Got it. Went to the doctor. Do not have a kidney infection. Am not pregnant. (YAY!) She gave me exercises to do to strengthn my back. She was kindof surprised that I was never given any before, since I have a back injury due to a car accident I was in, in 2001. I explained to her that the physical therapist I went to after the accident was a Big. Fat. Fucking. Schumck. (ok, so I didn't say fucking. Still, you get it. He was an asshole). He thought I was faking because nothing was broken. Ummm, hello! Asshole! Muscle damage doesn't show on an x-ray. Putz. So, here I am 5 years later with a bottle of muscle relaxants so I can get through the day. Gotta love the state of our health system. Speaking of, the reason I'm seeing a new doctor is because my old doctor doesn't accept HMOs (the doctor I've had for over 10 years), and I switched over to Rob's insurance because his insurance through U of M is better than what I had through Ritz. Well, and now that I'm officially part time slave labor, I don't have Ritz's health insurance anyway. Anyway, I really like the new doctor. She's very nice. I think I'll choose her for my Primary Care Physician.

Well, it's getting late, and I think I should go wake the ferrets up and clip their toenails. I'm thinking about showing (Mega)Pixel and Token at the 2006 Ferret Fun Fest. I thought I'd see how they score before they have their visit to the vet to take away their manhood. I've been trying to hold the boys and teach them how to "hang" for show. This is easier said than done. A ferret is held one-handed for judging, hand wrapped around the back, fingers and thumb underneath the armpits. The ferret is supposed to "hang" still like a rag doll. Whoever thought this was the best way to judge a ferret was smoking crack, by the way. First, ferrets are wriggly and easily distracted. Second, Token is so damn big I can barely wrap my hand around him! Well, if anyone's free on Saturday, May 6, and wants to keep me company.... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home