Wednesday, March 15, 2006

It's like collagen -- only cheaper

So, the other day I go over to my parents house to take pictures of some lovebirds that are for sale. Her cockatoo, Sammy, is making kissing noises, which means he wants you to give him a kiss. So, I go over to Sammy, and say, "Give me kiss" and lean over for a kiss. Instead of a kiss, I end up with a pierced lip. And fuck does it hurt! He latched on and was hanging there! I was screaming with tears running down my face. It's been two days and it still hurts. The bonus? I have that whole pouty lower lip thing going on. Rob joked that since I'm halfway there, I might as well just go get the lip pierced. :P

In other exciting news.....

the Laurel Park Ritz Camera forgot to validate my hours for one of the weeks I worked there. That's 16 hours without pay on my check. I am furious! I'm over $100 short! And I have bills to pay. Clarence, the manager over there, validated and faxed in the hours yesterday. I called payroll to say: hey, it's not my fuckup, I need the money. I was told I'll get it next paycheck (two weeks), but if I need it now, I can ask Sandie (our DM) for an advance. Ummmm, I don't want an advance. I want my money. My money that I earned and should get rightfully paid for! *GRUMBLE*

This weekend I'll be going to the 2006 Ann Arbor Orchid Festival. Specifically, I'll be going to the photographer's hour on Sunday. Maybe I'll even get myself a little orchid and try to keep it alive.* Afterwards, I'll be off to a bird show. Nope, I don't have a table at this one. But one of the vendors there is buying two of my parrotlets. And we'll be picking Joel up on the way so he can pick out a cage for his lovebird, Radar. Rob and I hope to get some better cages and stands. And maybe get our canary, Jack Sparrow, a girlfriend.

And now, I should probably go check on my laundry (yay! clean socks!).....



*Yes, I know I am the killer of all plants! You don't have to remind me that I can't even keep an aloe alive! I'll just keep it while it's blooming, then give it to my mom, who is actually good with plants.

1 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the orchid show is THIS WEEKEND???? Oh, fudge onna stick. o.O Mayeb i can run over before work, though since i'll be leaving for home right AFTER work, and Shan's having all her stitching bubs over all day saturday, i might need that morning to get ready. o.O

 

Post a Comment

<< Home