Sunday, February 26, 2006

Baby!!

Baby parakeet, that is!

My English Budgies (over twice the size of standard American Budgies (you know, those little chattering parakeets you see in every petstore...) have had their first baby! In all the years I've been breeding birds, I will say, the coolest pet is a hand-fed budgie! They are so cute, sweet, smart, and fun. (well, the smart is arguable. My male keet, Renoir, is dumb. Fly around and smack into walls dumb.) Still, I'm excited that they had a baby. Momma keet, Misty, laid seven eggs, and hatched one. The baby is about a week old, now. I'm sure most of you could care less what a baby parakeet looks like, but I'm going to post pictures anyway!


First is daddy keet, Renoir, keeping guard on top of the nest box. Next is momma keet, Misty, in the next box with her baby.





When Misty came out to fly around, I was able to take the nest box down and get a picture of the baby by itself. Prehistoric looking, isn't it?

1 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

WOW, cute and ugly all at the same time. Congratulations.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home