Thursday, March 23, 2006

My brain cells have mutinyed

Is that even a word? Oh well, not that I care right now.

Ok, so I'm usually not one of those people who read trash novels. I'll read fluff, like the DaVinci Code or Wicked, but not those trashy romance novels. That is until now. And you won't believe whose fault it is. Mel's.* It's all her fault. Yesterday at work she was going on and on about these hilarious books. But they're romance novels, which she never reads. They got put on her suggested list on Amazon when she ordered some Harry Dresden novels. So, she added them to her wish list, figuring she'd eventually order one. Well, she got a couple as a gift, and loved them! She said she couldn't stop laughing. The books in question are the Undead series by MaryJanice Davidson. Mel had just finished one of Davidson's other books, The Royal Treatment. Bored while at work, I picked it up and started reading. 50 pages later, I'm hooked and can't put the damn thing down. Oh, it's absolutely horrible! It's utter trash! My brain cells are fleeing at the very thought of my picking the book back up to finish it. But I can't stop! It's junk food for the soul. Really. It's like potato chips or M&Ms.... they're horrible for you, have no nutrients, but as soon as you rip open a bag and you find yourself, without even thinking, munch... munch.... munch.... reaching into the bag for another handful.... munch... munch... munch... and another.... munch.... munch... munch.... and before you realize it the bag's half empty and all the calories have gone to your ass.

*I've already called Mel. She's letting me borrow the Undead series. :P

1 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Blogger Matt_Sweet said...

I wouldn't consider Wicked to be fluff.

Anyway, I also know the pain of reading a book and thinking, "Why am I reading this trash?" I can't help but wonder if this is what crack addiction feels like.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home