Sunday, February 19, 2006

I've had a pretty fun past week. As you may have read on Tammy's blog, last Sunday we went out on a cemetary crawl with Joel, Mel, and Joel's friend, Eric. We had a pretty good time. We went to Woodlawn Cemetary in Detroit, then next door to Evergreen Cemetary. There's some very nice architecture. We also froze! After all this beautiful "winter" weather, Mother Nature decides to actually give us winter! Brrrrr! My boots weren't as waterproofed as I thought and my feet got soaked! Still, I got some nice shots and hung out with good friends. What more can one ask for? And afterwards we went to dinner at the Bayou Grill in Belleville. Our friend, Nancy, met up with us. Unfortunately, Nancy is moving to Chicago in March for a new job. We'll miss the crazy girl! But wish her the best of luck in her new endeavors. Then the week went by, and it was the same old, same old. Then today, Rob and I went to the Howell Nature Center for a photography shoot. The nature center sponsors shoots to raise money. Yes, I had to pay to shoot. But it was worth it! Besides, all the money goes to help the center, and that's completely worth it. They brought out six different birds of prey: a Red Tailed Hawk, a Barred Owl, a Great Horned Owl, a Screech Owl, a Snowy Owl, and a Long-eared Owl. There were around forty of us shooting. It was amazing! Just being so close to these regal creatures! So, now you're wondering, where are the pictures? Well, I've been lazy about editing and uploading my cemetary shots. Tammy has put some of her pics on her blog. I've posted some of mine on my Deviant Art site. Instead of re-posting them, you may see them in my gallery here. Since I just shot the birds today, I haven't had an opportunity to display them on Deviant Art. I'll attach some of the owl shots below (in order: Barred, Great Horned, Screech, Long-eared, and Snowy). I'll be putting more up on Deviant Art this week though.
















































2 Comments:

At 6:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, those are great! Winslow got scared sitting in my lap..when they popped up.

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Naarah said...

Ok, I updated the link that you told me that didn't work. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home