Monday, April 17, 2006

Another Monday

So, yesterday was Easter. Aside for a guilt-free day off work (yay! days off work!), Rob and I spent the day at his mom's. We had a nice time. And we ate so much. Oh, so much food. (But isn't that kindof the point behind holidays? Family, friends and more food than one should be able to eat?) I must remember to stop by Rite Aid on the way home and pick up some of those chocolate covered marshmallow eggs (mmmmmmm..... spun sugar!); now that the holiday is over -- another cheap chocolate day is upon us!

Saturday I spent my day doing nothing. Pretty much literal, there. I needed hours at work and Stever, the manager of the Southfield store, called and asked if I could help out. Ritz is closing that location and pretty much all his employees have quit on him. Great, huh? So, I drive out to Southfield, walk into the store, and nothing! Absolutely nothing on the shelves. All the merchandise had already been transferred to other locations. Wow. It was so bare! And absolutely pointless for us to be there. What could we sell? Nothing. The processors were all shut down, so no printing film. Just sit on our asses and tell customers, hey, sorry, we're closing, but please go visit one of our other stores!

Well, crap. Speaking of work, I need to feed baby birds (yes, there are more of them.... don't even ask) and finish getting ready for work. Rob got a nail in one of his tires yesterday, so he has a flat he needs repaired. Driving home from Fenton on a "donut." Fun. He's taking my car to work, and I'm getting a lift from Joel. So, I should get my ass up and get moving.

Hope everyone had a good Easter, Passover, fluffy egg-laying bunny, or what-ever-it-is holiday you choose to celebrate day!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home