Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Road Tripping

Yesterday Tammy and I drove to almost Cleveland and back. Why? For a bird trade. I give three, I get one plus cage and toys. Works for me. The bird in question, a senegal parrot, is currently making herself comfortable on my knee, and pictured to the left. Her name is Pookie. Well, I don't know for sure that she's a she. She could be a he. I need to get her DNA tested. Either way, the name Pookie has got to go. Suggestions?

And speaking of road trips, I might be making one cross country. My friend Ella, who currently resides in lovely San Diego, California, is moving back to Michigan. She asked if I would fly out to Cali and drive back to Michigan with her. Hmmmmmm.... yup. Ok. Sounds like fun to me. Really. Not a hard choice. Ella and I vacationed together before; we went to Chicago a few years back. Had a blast. Besides, I've never been to California, or Utah, or Colorado (all cool states that we'll have to drive through to go home... I'm ignoring Nebraska, it's going to be boring and well, I've been in Illinois). I'm thinking if I leave on a Weds, and am back by the following Weds, I can still get enough hours in at work that I can probably afford to go (No vacation time for me: I'm part time again, remember? :P ). If I don't get hours in at work, I can't afford to go. Which would suck, because I want to go. I'm hoping that I can sell off the rest of these baby lovebirds, because then I'll have extra spending cash. I'll bring money for food and all, but extra money for chachkies would be nice. Not to mention, going through Utah (Bryce Canyon National Park) and Colorado (Mountains!), another memory card couldn't hurt. Yes, I can take that many pictures. You should know this by now. Stop rolling your eyes!
Well, I ought to feed baby birds, get dressed, and get ready for work. As much as I'd love to stay home in my pj's all day, sigh, gotta go make money. Oh! Hahahaha! I'm funny. Like I make any money at my job. Ow. Laughing that hard hurts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home