Wednesday, August 30, 2006

miserable

When it rains, it pours. And it never seems to pour anything good. :P

When we moved in to our apartment 3 years ago, we listed ferrets and birds on our lease. Apparently, ferrets are not ok. During a routine maintenance inspection, the ferrets were "discovered."* Ok, and all the other critters discovered too. We were told they have to go. So, Tammy and Tom are helping us out by fostering the pigs and rats until we can find new homes for them. We found someone to foster the ferrets until we can move. They won't let us out of our lease and won't let us go month to month without penalties. We moved here with the ferrets, they're our kids, we're not giving them up. They're family. So, we found somone on our ferret group who lives out between Battle Creek and Eaton Rapids who will foster our ferrets until our lease is up in the end of March.** Needless to say, I am not taking this well. I have spent the past couple days crying. I'm miserable. This really sucks.


*What's to discover? They were listed on our lease!
**I wish they were closer. I know, beggars can't be choosers, so I'm sooo thankful that someone is offering to help us out! If they were closer, I could visit my kids. I'm going to miss them so!

4 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Blogger Zyphre said...

That's awful Naarah! If you put down the ferrets in the lease, the apartment complex is legally bound by it. It might be worth talking to Carrie's dad.

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Naarah said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Naarah said...

Rob corrected me. We listed the ferrets on our application. There is no place to list them on the lease itself. I don't know if having them on the application will legally bind the complex. The person who told us ferrets were ok is no longer working for the apartments. By the way they acted in the office, I'm guessing she told a fair number of tenants things that are untrue.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Today is the day of collecting piggies and ratties. Off to Naarah's I go.....
So sorry sweetie...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home