Saturday, August 19, 2006

so. very. tired.

Geez, it's not even 9:00 and I feel like it's well after midnight. I am so crashing into bed soon.

Today we went to the Kelly Miller Circus with Tammy and Tom. It was very cool. It was an old fashioned big top circus under a tent and all. And we were allowed to take pictures! So yes, Tammy and I took pictures. And no, I'm don't have them uploaded yet. I'll get around to it. I have to fix the pics in photoshop. I didn't want to use my flash, so I had to up my ISO to 3200 to shoot existing light, and the pics are noisy. For all of you non-camera geeks out there: I'll have the pictures up in a few days.

Then we took my dad out to dinner for his birthday, which was actually Thursday. Happy Birthday Dad!

While we were at the circus, I turned my phone on silent so I wouldn't be disturbed. Apparently, while I was gone, the film processor at work decided to "blow up" in a manner of speaking, and leak chemistry everywhere. I tried talking the boys through what to look for (chemistry levels low, hoses being detached), but we couldn't locate the leak. I called Mel who knows the machines better than me, and asked if she had any ideas. She calls me back -- from the store!!!! It was her day off! Ugh! I feel so bad! It wasn't my intention for her to go to the store! I just wanted her input. But she went in b/c she thought it was because of a leak she thinks she caused yesterday. Yes, Mel was at my store. She was helping me out while Joel is on vacation. And the machines gave her a lovely welcoming present by deciding to have almost every problem possible. Grrrrrrrrrr! Mel is a lab goddess! Hopefully this leak is under control. (Mel -- I owe you ice cream for coming in to help me! I'll take you to Stucchi's or something as soon as I have money again!) If the lab is not back to working order I may just curl up and cry. We have inventory tomorrow and I just can't deal with both.

And now I'm going to bed. I'm about to fall asleep on the keyboard....

2 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So WAS the machine OK Sunday? My phone said you called me but I was at work and thus had zero reception, so I doubt it even rang.

Inventory was bizarre. No one had any idea what we were doing. I'm sure Kelton is getting bitched at for a million things at the audit. But as I told Shan last night, ha ha, it is SO not my problem! whoo hoo! ;P

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Matt_Sweet said...

It was an old fashioned big top circus under a tent and all.

And Carnies? Did they have Carnies??

I looked at the web page, and it looks like some of the folks at the circus were actually kind of attractive. How can you have a circus without freakish Carnies??

Glad you had fun. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home