Sunday, October 01, 2006

So, our apartment is now furry critter free. It is most sad. The people, Barb and Dave, who are ferret sitting for us are very nice. They have an awesome ferret set-up! They have three ferrets of their own: Jimmy, Rolly, and Queen Mary of Fert. :) Morgan will be thrilled to have new ferret friends, though I'm not sure how Penny will take it. After all, she is Her Royal Highness, Penelope J. Weasel. We let the ferrets sniff each other through cage bars yesterday. In a few days, Barb is going to try real introductions. I did really well yesterday with all of it. Then we came home, I saw the empty ferret room and I broke down and started crying. My kids are gone. And yes, they're my kids. I have pictures of them in my wallet, and one tattooed on my back. They are my kids. The home feels so empty. Yes, we have all the birds, but it's not the same. Which is weird, b/c the only pets I grew up having were birds. And I love my birds. But it's just not the same. I can't explain. So now, Rob and I are considering getting a cat.* This is probably the oddest thing anyone who knows me will hear me say. I'm not a "cat person." I'd classify myself as a dog-ferret-bird person. But cats can be cool. Especially when the purr. And Mel had this awesome cat, Jelly, that was such a lover. All he wanted was head scritches, to sit in your lap, and purr. There's something inately relaxing about a cat's purr. So, here I am, contridicting everything I've ever told someone who has birds, and thinking about getting a cat. This would mean a few things: 1) The birds would get the former ferret room (which we were planning on anyway); 2) When we move, we'd have to find a place where the ferrets could have their own room and the birds have their own room, which is more expensive; 3) My mother would disown me. Hmmmmm.... so not all bad. ;P So, there's a lot of thinking and decision making to be done.

*Our apartment complex allows cats. And only cats. And birds.

1 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Naarah, I'm really sorry you had to give up the fuzzies.

Have fun with the cat, though, if you get it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home