Saturday, December 31, 2005

Welcome in the Year of the Flaming Dog (1)

In less than three hours, we'll be ringing in the new year. Where will you be? I'll be sleeping tucked in bed (2). Like last year, I am again sick. I have broinchitis. Again. I've had it for a month. I'm on anti-biotics. Again. It sucks. To make it even suckier, Rob has to work tomorrow. So, I will spending my first day of the year sleeping, doing laundry, and enjoying not being at work.

In the meantime, like many of my fellow bloggers, I will be reflecting on 2005.

In all truth, anything before May, I can't remember. I could look back on my blog and refresh my memory, but this is more fun. Not to mention, if I can't remember, does it really matter? Up til May, Rob and I were planning our wedding. It was hectic and took a lot out of me. But it was worth it! We had a lovely ceremony on Mackinac that our family and close friends attended. It was cold. Really cold. But it was beautiful and we had a lovely time. We then honeymooned in the U.P. We saw some lovely waterfalls, Pictured Rocks, and loons.




Then we came home and went back to work. In case you didn't know, I've been managing a Ritz Camera. Up until summer I was managing the store on Eisenhower Parkway. And I hate my job. Don't get me wrong, I had a great team. I love my old co-workers like family (which means that they can drive me crazy just like family too!) Then in the summer I was transferred to the Plymouth Road store. I was given a raise. It didn't make up for taking that store. Not that the people there aren't nice. It's just that they have no personality. They're no fun. And when your job sucks, it at least helps to have co-workers you like and enjoy working with.

And in the meantime. In August, our friends Jennifer and Mike got married. They had a lovely ceremony! Then around labor day, Rob and I drove down to Ohio to adopt a baby ferret to keep Penelope J. Weasel and Morgan the Spaz. We came home with two new furkids: Pixel and Token. They are now both full grown, completely spaztastic male ferrets.

Late fall through now: I had a minor nervous breakdown. I applied for many jobs. I got an offer for a jewelry store in Brighton. I received my written offer from them last week. The Thursday before Christmas I gave Sandie notice. My last day as manager will be January 12. I plan on staying on a couple Sundays a month.

Christmas was wonderful. We had breakfast at Rob's Grandmother's house. (3) I got to meet Judy's family, which was very nice. It's really nice to have a grandma (not to mention three of them!) Christmas is nice again. I have a wonderful family to spend it with. We opened presents at Rob's mom's, then went to go and see The Producers with my parents. (4) After the movie, we did what all good Jewish families do on Christmas: have Chinese food for dinner!

Now, it's nearly two hours til 2006. Rob and I went to Pizza House for dinner (had delicous Chicago-style deep dish pizza and a giant sundae for desert. Oh. So. Full.) Soon, we'll be off to bed -- warm, comfortable, and snuggled close. In my opinion, that's a great way to spend my first new year with my husband.

Wishing everyone a bright and prosperous New Year!

(1) Is it just me, or when you hear flaming dog, do you imagine a waving his paw in front, saying "rowf" in oh such a stereotypical gay way? Maybe it's just me. But, according to Ella's tarot card pyschic lady, 2006 is the Year of the Flaming Dog. Want to be prospereous this year? Wear red when welcoming in the new year. Oh, and place a dog figure by the front door with something red and some money. You've got precious little time to dig out your bobble-head dashboard chihuahua!

(2) And wearing my red socks! There you go Ella! Wearing Red!

(3) His Grandma Aagesen, Judy's mother.

(4) The Producer's was a fun, but very over-the-top musical. We enjoyed the movie. No, it wasn't classic, but it was fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home