Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Stuff

Here's what Rob and I have been up to this past week or so:

Sat. Feb 4:

I do a portrait shoot for my friend Stephanie and her family. This is the second time that I have seen her husband. The first was at their wedding -- they were married in 1999. Afterwards we meet for lunch with some friends at Aladdin in Farmington Hills (they have the best falafel and lamb kabob sandwiches!) We talk for a long time, and eventually move ourselves and the conversation to Starbucks down the street. Amazingly enough, I take NO pictures during the lunch outing! I know, that's so unlike me. But I took lots of portraits earlier, so that'll even out. No I have to go through and check them out in Photoshop and tweak where necessary.

Thursday Feb 2:

Rob and I drive up to Costco in Brighton to meet a lady for a bird trade, my green split blue parrotlet for her blue Indian Ringneck. We're supposed to meet at noon. Around 1:30, and a few phone calls with no answer and me leaving messages, Rob and I leave a note on the dashboard and go inside Costco for a deliciously inexpensive lunch. At 2:30, still no Melissa, no messages, no nothing. Rob and I go home. And I still have a baby parrotlet that needs to find a home.

Monday Jan 30:

I quit Rottermond Jewelers.

Sunday Jan 29:

After talking to Mel at Ritz 321, and finding out that I can get hours from her, I decide to quit the evil Rottermond Jewelers.

Sunday Jan 22:

Big dinner at Olive Garden with a bunch of my friends. This I took pictures at. And they're still in my camera, so you'll have to wait. Had a good time. We're one crazy bunch!

Saturday Jan 21:

Rob and I drive to Fort Wayne, IN to trade for birds: a multitude of my mother's lovebirds for a bare-eyed cockatoo, Sammy. Sammy is very sweet and sits on my shoulder in the car for the rest of the day. After Fort Wayne, we drive up to Sparta, MI to buy a female African Grey parrot, Birdie, for my male Grey, Barrett. I used the money that I made from selling all my parrotlet babies. I have made a deal with mom: I buy the Grey, she sells all her lovebirds (with the exception of a couple pets). Twelve hours from the time we started, Rob and I are home and exhausted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home