Wednesday, April 19, 2006

One Week

It's finally hit me. The time, one week from now, I will disembarking a plane into sunny San Diego. Wow. This is a big trip. It's not just an ordinary go visit my friend in Cali for a few days trip. We're driving cross-country. This is a big deal to me; I not well-traveled. I've been to Florida, Georgia, Washington, D.C., Chicago, and Las Vegas on vacation. That's it. And my first time west anywhere west of Chicago was 2 years ago when Rob and I flew to Vegas for Tammy and Tom's wedding. This is going to be so cool. I've mapped out our trip home and all kinds of cool places (Bryce Canyon, Dinosaur National Monument.....) But there's still so much to do. And a week is just not enough time. Not to mention there's a bird show in the middle of it all! Bird show is Saturday. It's a good thing. I can get the lovebirds out of my apartment and get my kitchen table back. It just doesn't leave me with much time to pack and prepare for the trip. Yes, I have today. And I will get started. But I have so much else to do in my day off today too: go to Target (need essentials, like deodorant), go to Pet Supplies Plus (the critters gots to eat), clean up the apartment (I've got people coming over to see lovebirds before the show), clean critter cages (that's really a subset of clean the apartment), do laundry (clean underewear and socks are so overrated, no?), and of course, I cannot forget, go to AAA and get a triptik made. I should make myself a list of stuff to bring with me on the trip so that I don't forget anything. Ugh. I did decide to make things a little bit easier on myself and not enter Token and Pixel in the ferret show on May 6. If the show was the weekend after, it would've worked out ok. But I'll be just getting back from Cali. It's just too much to deal with. I think. I mean, I really wanted to show them before I took them to get fixed. Ugh. Decisions! My head is spinning! But for now, I really ought to get going and start me day by feeding baby birds....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home