Wednesday, October 11, 2006

*sob*

Today Trip went to the vet. Last night Rob noticed that Trip was breathing abnormally heavy. We tried listening to his breathing and I heard little gasps. This being my first cat and knowing relatively little about them, I look up respiratory problems in cats in the book and online. I decide that kitty needs to go the vet. I called this morning and they squeezed him into their schedule. And it's a good thing too. Trip is really sick. His lungs are full of fluid. The vet said that it's pretty serious. She can't figure out how this got past Planned Pethood. They check all their animals and make sure they're healthy. She thinks that this has been going on for a while, b/c it's so severe. She has no idea how they overlooked it! She called Planned Pethood and they're taking care of the bill. But that doesn't make me feel much better. My new friend is really sick. The vet thinks it's either really bad pneumonia, or worse, FIP (Feline Infectious Peritonitis), which is usually fatal. I'm pretty much a zombie right now. Trip's at the vet's office getting oxygen in their ICU. They're sending out samples of the fluid in his lungs and his blood to be analyzed. I should know tomorrow late afternoon or Friday what's going on. In the meantime, I'm going to sit here in shock. Poor little Trip. :(

2 Comments:

At 5:35 AM, Blogger Michael said...

I'm sorry to hear about the cat. Good luck to him, and to you.

Your mom must be very smug about this...

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Naarah said...

my mom doesn't know. :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home