Saturday, September 04, 2004

Wedding Woes...

Oy. What a past couple of days it's been! Rob and I have started our wedding planning, and of course, as we start to plan, things get all twisted around! While my father feels that I should have whatever kind of wedding will make me happy, my mother believes it's selfish of me to have a wedding out of state. My father tells me that they'll go to the wedding -- it's my wedding, after all! My mother has been guilt-tripping me about who's going to take care of the birds and the dogs while they're gone? Not to mention she doesn't think they can afford to go out to Vegas. I'm now in a loose-loose situation. If I have the wedding in Vegas and my parents go, I'll never hear the end of how selfish I was to make them go to Vegas when they can't afford it; if they don't go, I'll never hear the end of how selfish I was to have the wedding out state. If I have a wedding here (which will cost Rob and I much more money, and cut into our honeymoon budget), my mothe will complain that I deprived them of a trip out West. Either way, I'll never hear the end of any of it, no matter what ido. So, after weighing everything, it looks like we'll be having our wedding here, in Michigan. It's not set in stone, or anything. If we do have the wedding here, we'll be pushing the date back to the summer. This will eliminate going to the Grand Canyon for a honeymoon. July or August will just be too hot. So, we're thinking maybe Canada. Possibly Toronto? I'd love to see Banff National Park or Glacier National Park. We're doing research and going to do some adding and figuring things out before we come to a final decision. Once we have everything figured out, we'll let everyone know. Until then, I'm off to do more research!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home