Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy 2006 and All That Rot

It is now officially the 2nd day of 2006. Wow. And, unlike most January's that I've experienced living in Michigan, there is no snow and it was over the freezing mark. Yup. Sure sign that there is no such thing as "global warming." That's just something us commie-pinkos made up. Uh-huh.

I figured that since it is now a new year, I should have resolutions. Because, seriously, if I don't make up resolutions, I won't have any to break. ;-)

I don't really know where to start. I mean, the new year is already starting off on a good foot. I've already got that new job that will pay more. So, I don't need to resolve leaving the Ritz machine. I feel better already knowing that I'm gone. No, I don't know that I'm going to like this job any better. It's a calculated risk. But, it's a risk that pays more and I get to work with sparklies (ooooooooh! sparklies!) The ferret in me approves.

I know it's trite, but I do want to resolve to lose weight. I say this of course as I sit here drinking my calorie-filled mega-sized slurpee and my ass grows-ever wider. So, in order to resolove to lose weight, I need to resolve to: 1) exercise and 2) cut back on sugars. I'm pretty good about watching what fats I eat, (though once a month when I crave french fries, get out of my way asshole or feel the wrath of the PMS queen!!!) I just consume way too many sugars. Too much chocolate (I know, I know, a woman can never have too much chocolate. But tell that to my waistline). But, I figure with less stress in my job-related life, I'll be feeling the need to reach for the bag of M&M's less often. That and I need to quit buying them. And stop buying slurpees (but oh! How can I survive withut my sweet syrupy caffinated frozen soda?!?) I'll need to drink more black coffee to keep me going in the morning (Yay! Starbucks!).

I think my other resolutions will be related to my photography. I resolve to: 1) finish my classes for the New York Institute of Photography; 2) Take more pictures*, 3) Finish my website and promote my photography.**

I really think that's enough to keep me busy this year! Oh wait! I forgot the most important resolution of all: Relax, enjoy life, and keep positive.***

* I know what you're thinking: take more pictures? Are you serious? Isn't that just about all you do. I mean, yeesh, you carry a camera with you almost everywhere. Ok, so I do. But I want to take better pictures. So that means practice. Besides, I have this great new camera to take lots of pictures with!

**I'd like to try getting into one of the art fairs this year. Though, at the rate I'm going, with no prints made up and no mattes cut, it's unlikely. But, if I get myself prepared for the shows, by making prints, cutting mattes, then I can be ready for next year!

*** I know this seems like a dificult premis when one is attempting to give up sugars and chocolates. However, if one is happy with their life, one can feel relaxed and content, without chocolate. So far, this year is off to a great start. Besides, there are many things that can get one's serotonin levels pumping that don't involve chocolate. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home